The Microvist website places small files (known as “cookies”) onto your computer or other device to enable core functionality and to collect information about how you browse the website.
We have categorised cookies into essential or analytical. Essential cookies are the minimum required cookies needed for the Microvist website to function. Analytical cookies are optional and their presence or lack of does not affect the Microvist website functionality.
These cookies are used to:
- Remember the notifications you've seen so we do not show them to you again
- Remember preferences you’ve set so you don’t need to set them each time you visit
- Remember authentication sessions when you login and prevent fraudulent use of your account(s)
These cookies are used to:
- Collect anonymous information about how users access and use the Microvist site
- Help improve the way a site works by using the data collected
There are two types of cookies, session and persistent cookies.
A session cookie is a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed.
A persistent cookie is a cookie created with an expiry date and is retained on your device until the expiry date passes. Unlike a session cookie a persistent cookie is retained after the browser is closed.
All the cookies we use are classed as persistent cookies. This means they:
- Are stored on your device even after you leave the website and close your browser
- Remember the preferences or actions you’ve performed as you move from page to page on the website
Cookies We Set/Use
When you use and access the service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
These cookies and their purposes are described below.
|AuthToken||After you have logged in we use this token to validate it’s still you when you move between pages or come back to the website.||1 hour|
Notifications & Preferences
|GAOptOut||Should you decide to opt out of our analytical cookies we use this as a flag to let us know so we don’t track any analytics the next time you visit.||10 years|
We use Google Analytics to collect information on how you use our service so that we can improve it for you.
Google Analytics doesn't store any of your personal details. It sets cookies that store anonymised information about:
- how you got to the site
- the pages you visit and how long you spend on each page
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
For the specific details on the cookies Google analytics use please review Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites.
Opting Out Of Analytical Cookies
You may opt out of analytical cookies by clicking here.
Places We Link To
We may link to other websites and services which can set additional cookies and have their own cookies policies.